[Patternfly] CodeCov

Patrick Riley priley at redhat.com
Tue Aug 23 14:45:06 UTC 2016

Hi Patternfly group,

In our last developer community meeting, we discussed the potential of
including a new tool in Pattenfly which would help us analyze our code
coverage. You can check it out here:
https://codecov.io/

Tools like this integrate with Github/githooks and would provide immediate
feedback on pull requests (number of lines changed and impacts on test
coverage). This would also require the addition of something like Istanbul
for reporting our coverage results.

You can read more about these tools here:
http://gotwarlost.github.io/istanbul/
http://docs.codecov.io/docs/about-code-coverage

Given that we are still improving our test coverage, I think this might be
a good tool to introduce and may also help us identify any low hanging
fruit where coverage can be dramatically improved.

Any thoughts on introducing a tool like this in future sprints?

-Patrick