[Patternfly] Accessibility of PatternFly Icons

Leslie Hinson lhinson at redhat.com
Mon Dec 5 14:43:08 UTC 2016

Hey Jonathan,

You bring up a good point. This concern is not only related to just the
icons but across components too. Older versions and the current version of
PatternFly has addressed accessibility in a limited way. For example, we
have addressed contrast ratios [1] however have not used aria tags. We
recognize the importance of accessibility though and this has been a topic
for the PatternFly roadmap moving forward. Look for more to come on this
topic. We will be releasing a blog shortly on the topic of future
PatternFly releases.

Best,
Leslie

[1] http://www.patternfly.org/styles/color-palette/#_