[Patternfly] Collapsible tray pattern?

Jeremy West jwest at redhat.com
Mon Dec 19 16:42:35 UTC 2016

Leslie I appreciate the response, alas it's not quite what we're looking
for.  The best example of this is facebook.  I've attached a screenshot
that you'll all hopefully be familiar with.  See how the chat conversation
is docked?  Also, for those of you who use facebook, you'll know that you
can minimize the chat and it essentially becomes a horizontal bar attached
to the bottom of the page.  This is the functionality we're going after.

On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:48 AM, Leslie Hinson <lhinson at redhat.com> wrote:

> The closest thing that we have is the notification drawer. See:
> http://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/communication/notification-
> drawer/#/_overview
>
> You can trigger the drawer in the live examples on the overview page by
> clicking the bell icon.
>
> Does this satisfy the use case?
>
> Best,
> Leslie
>
> On Mon, Dec 19, 2016 at 10:27 AM, Jeremy Perry <jeperry at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi PatternFly team,
>>
>> I am working with Jeremy West (on cc) to transition their app to
>> PatternFly. We're trying to understand if there is a pattern for the
>> behavior he describes below:
>>
>> From Jeremy W.:
>>
>>> At the moment we have this functionality where someone can press a
>>> button and have a frame appear at the right (1/4 of the page width).  This
>>> frame is used for both a case review form and for creating new KCS
>>> solutions.  What we'd LIKE to do is to get rid of the frame and pop all
>>> that into a floating object which docks to the bottom of the page ...
>>> similar to how facebook does chat now.  Does patternfly have a
>>> style/library to support this?
>>

>> Thanks for you help!
>>
>> Jeremy

Jeremy West Sr. Manager, Operations Red Hat Customer Experience and