[Patternfly] Article: Web Components in production use – are we there yet?

Brian Leathem bleathem at redhat.com
Sun Jul 3 05:10:38 UTC 2016

Hello patternfly people,

Here's an interesting read [1] on the current state of web components,
linked-to from the webcomponents.org site [2].

TL;DR: Web components consist of four separate W3C standards. Only Chrome
currently supports all four standards, but a polyfill exists that brings
the required functionality to all current browsers.  (Note: this polyfill
library is lower-level than the polymer library).  The article goes on to
discuss current state of the remaining standards in each of the browsers,
and speculates on when they might become available.

I'll leave it to you to draw your own conclusions :-)

Brian Leathem

[1]
https://vaadin.com/blog/-/blogs/web-components-in-production-use-are-we-there-yet-
[2] http://webcomponents.org/articles/