[Patternfly] tooltip visual indicator

Greg Sheremeta gshereme at redhat.com
Tue Jul 19 23:48:27 UTC 2016

Hey,

Re: [1], tooltips.

Prior to PatternFly, we had feature requests for visual indicators for
tooltips -- something to show the user they can hover and get more
information. Please see attached screenshots for examples of ways we handle
this in oVirt. We're actually currently split on two designs, and looking
for guidance from you as we proceed to implement PatternFly more closely in
oVirt.

Attachment 1 shows how we use a blue (?) icon.
Attachment 2 shows how we underline the field name / description with a
dotted line.
Attachment 3 shows that in tables (data grids), in column headers that are
only icons, we currently underline (and have a request to not underline).

So, in any of the above use cases, as well as any others, does PatternFly
have anything to say about visual indicators for tooltips? In the reference
doc [1], I didn't see anything mentioning indicators, so I wanted to ask
the list. Thanks!

Best wishes,
Greg

[1] http://www.patternfly.org/pattern-library/widgets/#tooltip