[Patternfly] [Patternfly-angular] 'Copy to clipboard' component

Matt Carrano mcarrano at redhat.com
Wed Feb 22 14:28:34 UTC 2017

Hi Alexandre,

Thanks for bringing this up.  But just a couple of questions.  What would
be the common use case for this?  Is this intended just to enable cut,
copy, and paste from text fields on forms and similar places?  How does it
interact with native browser copy and paste functionality?

I've added the main PatternFly mailing list on the cc in case others want
to comment.  I suspect that the patternfly-angular list has a smaller
audience.

Regards,

Matt

On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 8:19 PM, Alexandre Briani Kieling <
abrianik at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi Leslie,
>
> There are open-source libraries to add the 'Copy to clipboard'
> functionality to Angular apps. I think it might make sense to add a
> component to angular-patternfly if several users/contributors need such
> component, already depend on angular-patternfly, and prefer to abstract the
> implementation behind an AngularJS component.
>
> I didn't get many responses so it might not be a very useful component.
>
> Thanks for getting in touch.
>
> Alexandre
>

> On Tue, Feb 21, 2017 at 9:07 PM, Leslie Hinson <lhinson at redhat.com> wrote:
>
>> Hey Alexandre,
>>
>> Thanks for reaching out! Are you interested in contributing this? If so,
>> what exactly did you have in mind? Does this include contributing the icon?
>> What mechanism were you thinking for the impl?
>>
>> Look forward to chatting more,
>> Leslie
>>
>> On Mon, Feb 6, 2017 at 11:59 AM, Alexandre Briani Kieling <
>> abrianik at redhat.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> I was wondering if it makes sense to add a 'Copy to clipboard' component
>>> to the project.
>>> What do you guys think?
>>>
>>> Best regards,
>>> Alexandre Kieling