[Patternfly] What would YOU like to see on the PatternFly Typography Page?

Liz Clayton lclayton at redhat.com
Fri Feb 24 18:21:59 UTC 2017

Hi,

On Thu, Feb 23, 2017 at 5:22 PM, Jenny Haines <jhaines at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi PatternFlyers-
>
> What additional information would you like to see on PatternFly's
> Typography page? What would be useful to you? Our Current Typography Page
> <http://www.patternfly.org/styles/typography/#_>
>
> Things I have seen included in UI Typography guides elsewhere:
>
>    - "Do's and Don'ts" in regards to how to use type
>
> If it's usage guidelines, then maybe only what the PF team considers an
absolute deal breaker. If the H1 should only be used for application
headers (and nothing else), then maybe something like that. And then
outline what an application header is - is it a page title?

>    - A table that includes the weight, point size, and tracking, and
>    usage for each text style.
>
> A table that maps the CSS styles to the "weight, point size, color,
line-height..." would be helpful.

>    - Base and minimum font sizes
>
> Yes

>    - Describing why the particular typeface was chosen, and why it works
>    for our applications
>
> Not to me personally. I trust that it was well thought out...

Wrt the documentation itself: It would be helpful if labels for the text
style examples used a different visual treatment, to make it easier to tell
which is the label text and which is the example text.

Thanks,
Liz