[Patternfly] Syntax hint wireframes

Andreas Nilsson anilsson at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 10:39:31 UTC 2017

On 2017-01-16 20:15, Jessica Ryhanych wrote:
> Hey PatternFlyers,
> I’ve attached a few wireframes addressing the initial discovery work
> [1] on syntax hints. Please send your thoughts on which option we
> should move forward with as the recommendation and what issues you see
> with it, if any. Here we go:

I Cockpit we currently use variant 1/2.
A lot of our input is in dialogs in Cockpit and for 6/7, that would
result in a lot of odd looking empty space on the right side of the inputs.
To some extent that is true for 3/4 as well, but with regards to
vertical space. How does this look when you have several inputs with
hints after each other? It's a bit hard to judge it only from the most
"clean" state.
- Andreas