[Patternfly] Syntax hint wireframes

Serena Doyle sdoyle at redhat.com
Wed Jan 18 18:13:13 UTC 2017

I don't really have anything unique to add :)  Here's my opinion ...

   - 1/2 seems more "current" , but as a few people mentioned it's an issue
   once you start typing
   - 4 seems like a good option, where the hint is replaced with validation
   problems, if there are any.  But that also means that the hints are hidden
   if you have to try again :)
   - 5 seems more "traditional", but conflicts with our form validation
   - 6/7 to me is not a valid option

Personally i like #1 more

Looking forward to the solution!
- Serena

On Wed, Jan 18, 2017 at 5:39 AM, Andreas Nilsson <anilsson at redhat.com>
wrote:

> On 2017-01-16 20:15, Jessica Ryhanych wrote:
>
>> Hey PatternFlyers,
>> I’ve attached a few wireframes addressing the initial discovery work [1]
>> on syntax hints. Please send your thoughts on which option we should move
>> forward with as the recommendation and what issues you see with it, if any.
>> Here we go:
>>

> I Cockpit we currently use variant 1/2.
> A lot of our input is in dialogs in Cockpit and for 6/7, that would result
> in a lot of odd looking empty space on the right side of the inputs.
> To some extent that is true for 3/4 as well, but with regards to vertical
> space. How does this look when you have several inputs with hints after
> each other? It's a bit hard to judge it only from the most "clean" state.
> - Andreas

- Serena Chechile Doyle
*UXD | Unified Management Experience*
*Red Hat*
*Cell* 508-769-7715 | *IRC* - serena | *Skype* - serenamarie125 | *Twitter* -
@serenamarie125