[PatternFly] Strategies to convert AngularJS apps to React

Jan Wright jawright at redhat.com
Mon Aug 19 18:19:58 UTC 2019

Hi Alexandre,

We would like to set up a convo with you about PF4/React migration
strategies for your application and explore your questions about use of
iFrames.  Discussing our experiences with migrating other applications to
React may be useful.

Please let us know if you are interested in setting up a quick call with a
few of our PatternFly team members.

Jan

On Mon, Aug 19, 2019 at 1:26 PM Alexandre Briani Kieling <
abrianik at redhat.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm doing some research on strategies to convert AngularJS apps to React.
>
> My AngularJS app has the following characteristics:
>
>    - Based on AngularJS 1.7
>    - Uses Angular PatternFly components
>    - Doesn't use any modules system (the dependencies are accessed via
>    global variables)
>
> The ideal solution would allow me do run both apps at the same time so i
> don't miss any features during the process of incrementally converting each
> feature to React.
>
> What do you think of showing parts of the AngularJS app inside iframes in
> the React app?
>
> --
>
> Alexandre Kieling
>
> Fuse Engineering
>
> Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>
>
> Remote, Brazil
> <https://www.redhat.com/>

Jan Wright

Senior manager, UXD Front end development

Red Hat <https://www.redhat.com/>
<https://red.ht/sig>