[PatternFly] 🥳 Introducing PatternFly 2021.08: New features, enhancements, and branch names!

Alana Fialkoff afial at redhat.com
Wed Jun 30 14:54:42 UTC 2021

Dear Flyers,

We're finishing the month of June with some great PatternFly updates! Let's
jump in.

*New release alert: PatternFly 2021.08 is now live! 🎉*
Learn everything you need to know to create with the latest updates:

   - To scroll through a quick overview of key changes, *view our release
   highlights on GitHub*
   <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-org/blob/main/release-highlights/release-highlights-2021.08/release-highlights.md>
   .
   - To dig deeper into the nuts and bolts of this release, *view our full
   release notes on PatternFly.org*
   <https://www.patternfly.org/v4/developer-resources/release-notes#2021.08-release-notes-2021-06-22>
   .

*We're always looking for ways to make PatternFly more inclusive, including
the words we use to describe our code. 💬*
PatternFly's `master` branches have been renamed to `main`, aligning our
GitHub workflow with industry diversity and inclusion standards.

This name change carries across the following repositories:

   - patternfly/patternfly <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly>
   - patternfly/patternfly-react
   <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-react>
   - patternfly/patternfly-org
   <https://github.com/patternfly/patternfly-org>

To learn more about how renaming our branches to `main` impacts your
PatternFly pull requests, *check out our official announcement on Medium*
<https://medium.com/patternfly/update-renaming-patternfly-github-branches-d5f3892907c6>
.

If you have any questions, contact the PatternFly team
<https://www.patternfly.org/v4/community/>. We're happy to help and excited
to keep building stronger product experiences with you!

Happy flying,
Alana

*Alana Fialkoff*
*UX Content Designer*