Cluster don't work good when Sendmail service is included in Piranha

kawaljeet singh chadha kawaljeet_singh at rediffmail.com
Tue Dec 28 12:37:11 UTC 2004

 On looking at the lvs.cf file.. one thing I noted is...
*****
failover www11.co.yu {
    address =10.2.2.11 eth0:1
    active = 0
    port = 80
    timeout = 20
    send = "GET / HTTP/1.0\r\n\r\n"
    expect = "HTTP"
    start_cmd = "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd start"
    stop_cmd = "/etc/rc.d/init.d/httpd stop"
}
 Kindly.. make the following change... Make active = 0 to active = 1.. Make sure... its reflected on lvs.cf of both the machines... :-)
 I can only... seee... sendmail being checked not the other services as.. only for sendmail u have put... active=1.. for rest it is active=0..
 One thing i have noticed is u have to monitor.. the httpd service.. otherwise.. everytime the services will toggle.. donno its a limitation from the piranha.. or the bug.. Some other ... can give their expert comments...
 Thanx,
  Kawaljeet.

  -- kawaljeet singh chadha

A thing of beauty is joy a forever ...