Piranha hangs

Lon Hohberger lhh at redhat.com
Fri May 20 20:13:44 UTC 2005

On Thu, 2005-05-19 at 00:05 +0530, Ritesh Agrawal wrote:

> Hi ,
>    i am facing strange problem in implmenting load balancer using
> piranha,  i make loadbalancer LB1 with following configurations
> LB1:
> private ip: 192.168.35.253
> public ip:192.168.24.126
> floating VIP:192.168.35.254
> service ip : 192.168.24.60
>
> and spam2 is my real server  with ip 192.168.35.22 providing http service.
> after staring pulse, when  i send  the request from outside world to
> 192.168.24.60:80. it works fine,but after some time my LB1 hanged
> displaying no error no clue,
> unable to find the proper reason of hanging.

Off the top of my head, piranha hanging (or even crashing!) shouldn't
affect the load balancing traffic.  Piranha controls the routing
assignments, but it doesn't do any routing itself - the routing is done
in-kernel in the IPVS modules.

So, I suspect that lb1 (or rather, its kernel) might be hung as opposed
to piranha...

Can you get a serial console attached to lb1 and see if it's
panicking/hung?

-- Lon