Pulse - e-mail notification and external script?

Alessandro Vercelli alever at libero.it
Fri Dec 11 12:18:41 UTC 2009

I could be wrong, but lvs doesn't implement failover notifications.

Using self-made scripts, you can check ipvsadm output; on the primary, you see (for example):

# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn
TCP  lbwww:http rr
  -> <real_node01>:http               Route   1      0          0
  -> <real_node01>:http               Route   1      0          0

On the slave director, instead:

# ipvsadm
Prot LocalAddress:Port Scheduler Flags
  -> RemoteAddress:Port           Forward Weight ActiveConn InActConn

You can build a monitoring script which checks the output and sends a message.

Good work,

Alessandro