Pulse - e-mail notification and external script?

Mike Kemelmakher mike at ubxess.com
Fri Dec 11 12:37:13 UTC 2009

Hey Laszlo,

There is the way to implement easily the described requirement

you can add the following directives to the global section of the lvs.cf

active_cmd = path_to_your_script
inactive_cmd = path_to_your_script

where your_script maybe any program executable which can be developed in
bash, python, perl or C

active_cmd - will be invoked when local pulse service will change its role
to master
inactive_cmd - will be invoked when local pulse service will change its role
to backup

It is obvious that you can send email / snmp trap or whatever will be
required from the described scripts

Probably the above API is unofficial - BUT  I use it in many system i built
for last four years without any problem.

Hope this will help you

Good luck and  Happy Holidays,

With Kind Regards,
Mike Kemelmakher