[Pki-users] Rotating debug logs.

Kashyap Chamarthy kchamart at redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 15:11:04 UTC 2010

On 10/04/2010 12:42 AM, Jerry McCarthy wrote:
> Some of my debug logs (/var/log/pki-*/debug) are getting large.  I tried
> adding:
>
> /var/log/pki-ca/debug /var/log/pki-kra/debug /var/log/pki-ocsp/debug
> /var/log/pki-ra/debug {
>      weekly
>      rotate 5
>      notifempty
>      missingok
> }
>
> To /etc/logrotate.d But that didn't appear to do anything.  Can anybody give
> me some suggestions as to how to setup the debug logs for auto rotation?

I believe you can manipulate the 'maxFileSize' directive in /var/lib/pki-ca/conf/CS.cfg
(similar for other subsystems)
log.instance.SignedAudit.maxFileSize=2000
log.instance.System.maxFileSize=2000
log.instance.Transactions.maxFileSize=2000

If the file reaches a particular size limit, then the logs are rotated. If the vales in
the above directives are increased, I think you'll see lesser rotation of logs.

/kashyap