[Pki-users] Java Crypto Libraries and CMC

Niranjan M.R mniranja at redhat.com
Wed May 14 07:17:17 UTC 2014

On 05/14/2014 12:15 PM, Elliott William C OSS sIT wrote:
> Hello,
>

> Could someone recommend Java libraries for creating CMC Requests? I’m
> not a programmer, but it doesn’t look as if JCE provides the necessary
> tools.  The only one I found that might is Bouncy Castle – it does CMS,
> but I’m not sure if it’s enough to form CMC requests.

I am not aware of libraries, but have you tried CMCRequest which is part
of pki-tools package.

Documentation:

https://access.redhat.com/site/documentation/en-US/Red_Hat_Certificate_System/8.1/html/Command-Line_Tools_Guide/CMC_Request.html

I have not tried this on Dogtag 10 yet, but last i tried for CS 8.1
it worked as below

A. Create CRMF Request (using CRMFPopClient)

B. Create a configuration file with parameters as mentioned in the above
link.

C. Run CMCRequest
$ CMCRequest <cfg file>

The CMCRequest will be saved in the output file mentioned in cfg file.