[Pki-users] Java Crypto Libraries and CMC

Elliott William C OSS sIT WilliamC.Elliott at s-itsolutions.at
Wed May 14 08:42:38 UTC 2014

Hi,

We use the Redhat tools already for batch processing (CMCEnroll,AtoB, etc.).  That's fine on RHEL, but we to create requests from applications running on other operating systems (and not MS) and have these processed synchronously. The developers need to use Java. CMC has been around awhile, but support for it doesn't seem to be so widespread. (MS apparently can also) We also use SCEP, but that protocol seems to be a dead-end - even the rfc states that CMC is to be preferred.

thanks,
William Elliott