[Pki-users] failure trying to install instances other than CA

Timo Aaltonen tjaalton at ubuntu.com
Tue Oct 14 08:17:06 UTC 2014

	Hi

  While porting to Debian/Ubuntu I noticed this when installing a new
instance (KRA/TPS..):

<snip>
Security Domain:
  Hostname [sid.tyrell]:
  Secure HTTP port [8443]:
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:732:
InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding
certificate verification is strongly advised. See:
https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning
will only appear once by default.)
  InsecureRequestWarning)
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/sbin/pkispawn", line 586, in <module>
    main(sys.argv)
  File "/usr/sbin/pkispawn", line 268, in main
    info = parser.sd_get_info()
  File
"/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pki/server/deployment/pkiparser.py",
line 465, in sd_get_info
    config.pki_log.info(
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'info'
</snip>

I'm no python expert, but looks like config.pki_log is still
uninitialized (pki_log = None in pkiconfig.py)? What am I missing?