[Pki-users] failure trying to install instances other than CA

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Tue Oct 14 20:53:35 UTC 2014

On Tue, 2014-10-14 at 11:17 +0300, Timo Aaltonen wrote:
> 	Hi
>
>   While porting to Debian/Ubuntu I noticed this when installing a new
> instance (KRA/TPS..):
>
> <snip>
> Security Domain:
>   Hostname [sid.tyrell]:
>   Secure HTTP port [8443]:
> /usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/urllib3/connectionpool.py:732:
> InsecureRequestWarning: Unverified HTTPS request is being made. Adding
> certificate verification is strongly advised. See:
> https://urllib3.readthedocs.org/en/latest/security.html (This warning
> will only appear once by default.)
>   InsecureRequestWarning)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/sbin/pkispawn", line 586, in <module>
>     main(sys.argv)
>   File "/usr/sbin/pkispawn", line 268, in main
>     info = parser.sd_get_info()
>   File
> "/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages/pki/server/deployment/pkiparser.py",
> line 465, in sd_get_info
>     config.pki_log.info(
> AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'info'
> </snip>
>
> I'm no python expert, but looks like config.pki_log is still
> uninitialized (pki_log = None in pkiconfig.py)? What am I missing?

What this means is that the KRA attempted to contact the security domain
CA at sid.tyrell port 8443, and received an error about an unverified
HTTPS request.  Is this where your security domain (CA) resides?

Are you installing the KRA in a separate instance from the CA?
Which version of dogtag are you using?

Ade