[Pki-users] Rest API to renew server certificate

Jain, Mahendra Majain at verisign.com
Sun Apr 26 13:30:52 UTC 2015

Hello All,

I’m using Dogtag Certificate System to manage certificates.

I have successfully submitted the server certificate request and got it approved using following REST APIs:

@POST
@Path("certrequests")
@ClientResponseType(entityType=CertRequestInfos.class)
public Response enrollCert(CertEnrollmentRequest data);

@POST
@Path("agent/certrequests/{id}/approve")
@ClientResponseType(entityType=Void.class)
@ACLMapping("certrequests")
@AuthMethodMapping("certrequests")
public Response approveRequest(@PathParam("id") RequestId id, CertReviewResponse data);

While I can renew the server certificate via Web interface, I did not find any REST API to renew the server cert.
Do I need to submit certificate enrollment request again with original CSR and set the renewal flag to true?

Since I already have certificate serial number, is there a REST API to renew server cert using serial number alone?

Thanks,
Mahendra
“This message (including any attachments) is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to which it is addressed, and may contain information that is non-public, proprietary, privileged, confidential and exempt from disclosure under applicable law or may be constituted as attorney work product. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, dissemination, distribution, or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message in error, notify sender immediately and delete this message immediately.”