[Pki-users] initial setup difficulties with dogtag ca instance

marcin kowalski yoshi314 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 14:37:18 UTC 2015

Hi, i am testing out dogtag and i wanted to setup a simple local ca to take
it for a spin.

Following the docs, i created a directory server, pkispawn'ed the ca and
kra instances and after importing the certificate into my browser for
administrative access the difficulties started.

Most guides i found refer to different versions of dogtag apparently,
because they show output of pkicreate command which seems no longer to
exist, and then they lead the user to "CA Setup WIzard" page where all CA
configuration happens. I somehow do not get any access to such page, so
probably the procedure is different now.

I cannot find any such option in the web interface, and i am not exactly
sure what am i missing here. It must be something obvious.

Everything was done on current Fedora installation, with no extra
repositories configured.