[Pki-users] initial setup difficulties with dogtag ca instance

Ade Lee alee at redhat.com
Wed Jan 28 16:36:50 UTC 2015

Hi,

pkispawn is indeed different from the old pkicreate/ web UI
configuration that is used in RHCS 8.x.

The old method required you to pkicreate the instance and the go through
the web UI to configure it.  pkispawn does creation and configuration
all together in one non-interactive step.

So, what that means is that its super easy to take dogtag for a spin.
Just do as you have done and run pkispawn, answering all of the
questions along the way.  You then have a fully functional CA/KRA - with
no further configuration required.

Now, if you want to customize the system certs, you can run pkispawn
with a config file.  To see how to do this, type "man pkispawn". This
will provide examples and point you to more detailed man pages.

Ade