[Pki-users] Dogtag ReST Interface Enrollment Java Null Pointer Exception

Endi Sukma Dewata edewata at redhat.com
Wed Jun 24 18:09:53 UTC 2015

On 6/23/2015 5:33 PM, Peter P. wrote:
> Hi John,
>
> Thank you for helping me with this issue! I build an XML response using
> snprintf  shown below that I post using libcURL with this URL
> https://mydogtagserver:8443/ca/rest/certrequests
>
>      snprintf(payload, MAX_CERT_LEN,  "<?xml version=\"1.0\"
> encoding=\"UTF-8\" standalone=\"yes\"?><CertEnrollmentRequest>"
>               "    <profileId>%s</profileId>
>   <isRenewal>false</isRenewal>    <xmlOutput>false</xmlOutput>"
>               "    <Input>       <InputAttrs>   <InputAttr
> name=\"cert_request_type\">pkcs10</InputAttr>\t"
>               " <InputAttr name=\"cert_request\">%s</InputAttr>
> </InputAttrs>    </Input></CertEnrollmentRequest>",
>               profile_id, pkcs10_csr);
>
> profile_id is the profile I wish to enroll with and pkcs10_csr is my CSR.
>
> Let me know if you need any more information from me.
>
> Thank you,
>
> Peter

Hi Peter,

The XML request format above seems to be outdated. Please take a look at
the following page:
http://pki.fedoraproject.org/wiki/User_Certificate_Setup

You can also run the CLI and see the actual XML request sent by the CLI:
$ pki -c Secret123 client-init
$ mkdir tmp
$ pki -v --output tmp -c Secret123 client-cert-request uid=testuser
$ cat tmp/http-request-2

--
Endi S. Dewata