[Pki-users] Rewrite of Subject in profile

Supper Florian OSS sIT Florian.Supper at s-itsolutions.at
Thu Feb 25 08:25:54 UTC 2016

Hi and good morning.

I get some request from mobile devices which are very poor.

Subject: CN=B1C43CD0-1624-5FBB-8E54-34FG17DFD3A1\x00

With this subject name, it is not possible to enroll a certificate, because of the " \x00" at the end..

So i'm  compelled to rewrite the Subject name. In the first way I only want to remove the "\x00" characters from CN.
I've tried some pattern and configs, but it doesn't work.
Does one of you knows how this could work?

policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.constraint.class_id=subjectNameConstraintImpl
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.constraint.name=Subject Name Constraint
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.constraint.params.accept=true
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.constraint.params.pattern=.*
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.default.class_id=userSubjectNameDefaultImpl
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.default.name=Subject Name Default
policyset.cmcUserCertSet.1.default.params.name=.*CN=...................................

In the second way, i want to set the whole subject like this below. But I want to use the CN which comes in the csr.
Subject: C=AT, ST=Vienna, L=Vienna, O=My Company GmbH, OU=MYORGUNIT, CN=mycn.example.com /emailAddress=pki-AT-example.com

Thanks for your help.

BR
Florian