[Pki-users] Rewrite of Subject in profile

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Thu Feb 25 19:23:48 UTC 2016

Hello,
With the Subject Name Constraint you can tweak the components to build
the subject DN, and do some pattern matching to select them to re-write
the subject DN, but you cannot really modify parts of the values of
those components.
I don't think you can match and accept a string with \x00 and then
selectively remove the \x00 or any specific string, once it is matched,
it is accepted, it is flexible but "basic".
The design of the name constraint was for matching string on components,
so that would be a request for enhancement for more regexp support.
Ideally the client should be fixed to do the right thing.
But if not possible, one solution may be to take the existing
SubjectNameConstraint plug-in and use it as a base to write a custom
one, from:
base/server/cms/src/com/netscape/cms/profile/constraint/SubjectNameConstraint.java
Should Dogtag have another name constraint plug-in to validate the
inputs to not accept \x00 or strip some strings before reaching the
NameConstraintsExt, plug-in?
Thanks,
M.