[Pki-users] pki 10.5 - Unable to log in to PKI console

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Mon Feb 17 19:50:34 UTC 2020

Hello,
Probably either there is no caadmin (uid=admin may set from the older
environment), or the SSL client certificate is simply missing from the
administrator or agent groups.
Try for example:

locate the LDAP base DN of the PKI repository:
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b "" -s base namingcontexts

output example:
dn:
namingcontexts: dc=example,dc=test
namingcontexts: o=rootca1-CA
namingcontexts: o=subca1-CA

note it could be also in the form of namingcontexts:
dc=ca1.example.test-pki-ca1
and in your case it may be similar to o=risd-ise-CA

then search into that LDAP backend to verify the values of the attribute
uniquemember of the entries, like as this example but by replacing the
string o=subca1-CA to match your environment:
either for the agent users:
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -b
ou=groups,o=subca1-CA cn=*Agents dn uniqueMember
or the administrators (admin or caadmin is the default one, like a "root"
user):
ldapsearch -xLLL -D "cn=directory manager" -w password -b
ou=groups,o=subca1-CA cn=*Administrators dn uniqueMember

then verify the uniqueMember value correspond to a valid existing LDAP
entry, like for example:
dn: uid=caadmin,ou=people,o=subca1-CA

and then verify that admin or agent user entry has a corresponding user
certificate, like for example:
ldapsearch -LLLx -D "cn=directory manager" -W -b
ou=people,o=subca1-CA uid=caadmin userCertificate

you may have to update the value of the userCertificate with ldapmodify to
match the certificate with serial number 0x33 and subject DN
CN=PKI Administrator,E=caadmin at MyServer.MyDomain,OU=MyInstance,O=MyDomain
from the NSS db at ~/.dogtag/risd-ise/ca/alias/

Note this can be done using the pkiconsole.

Thanks,
M.