[Pki-users] Automatically generate certificates without approval

Marc Sauton msauton at redhat.com
Wed Oct 28 22:21:21 UTC 2020

yes, it works by having SSL client authentication for an "agent" user, or
LDAP basic authentication (without or with a pre-defined pin), or CMC:

example for SSL server cert, look at the profile caAgentServerCert.cfg

example for SSL server cert using CMC, see
https://github.com/dogtagpki/pki/wiki/Issuing-SSL-Server-Certificate-with-CMC

for end user cert, examples with caDirPinUserCert.cfg , caDirUserCert.cfg

from the pki command line with LDAP basic authentication , look for the
command cert-request-submit with the --username
either
pki cert-request-submit --help
or
pki ca-cert-request-submit --help