[publican-list] Entities and Translation

Joshua Wulf jwulf at redhat.com
Tue Dec 14 02:16:44 UTC 2010

>> You can't share the translations between a product / project xml fork
>> either.
>
> Plenty of projects already do this.

Do you have examples, please?

>> The translation effort is the same whether you change the product name
>> through an entity or an xml fork.
>
> This is contrary to the input I have received from translators. You'll
> forgive me for granting them considerably more weight for their opinions
> in this area.

>From the translators' perspective it's no different than if the product
name were hard coded in the xml, which is what we are doing now. Either
way, a translator receives a po file with no entities to translate.

As far as I can tell, from the translator's side there is no difference.
I'm happy for someone to point out and explain a difference there, but I
don't see one right now.

- Josh