[publican-list] Propose pushing 1.4 - Windows flavor

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Sun Jan 31 02:45:08 UTC 2010

On Fri, 2010-01-29 at 09:45 +1000, Jeffrey Fearn wrote:
> FYI Publican 1.4 is in the process of being pushed.
>
> The tar and spec file have been uploaded to
> https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/
>
> The Fedora and Internal builds will be kicked off soon.
>
> I hope to have the Windows Installer done over the weekend.

FYI I have updated the Windows Installer to 1.4

https://fedorahosted.org/releases/p/u/publican/Publican-Installer-1.4.exe

There are a couple of changes to the way the Installer works for 1.4:

1: Installer detects old version installed and offers to uninstall it
2: FOP has been added to the list of Tools to install
3: Tools are now downloaded directly, not embedded in the Installer

I tested building the Users Guide as a PDF, en-US only, and it seemed to
work OK. You still need to install a Java JRE/JDK separately, but it can
be installed pre or post Publican install. You get a "java is an unknown
command" error if Java isn't installed.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>