[publican-list] --lang vs --langs

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Thu Jun 10 22:46:14 UTC 2010

On 06/11/2010 07:36 AM, Jaromir Hradilek wrote:

> Well, the smarter way would be to add the alias directly to the
> Getopt::Long options, and then make all functions use the same form,
> but I did not want to disturb the semantic distinction between the
> singular and plural forms in the code.

Actually, I find this is a valuable semantic distinction for me as a
user as well. Because you can perform some actions on multiple languages
at a time, and some actions on only one language at a time, having to
type the correct option helps me keep these separate in my mind.

If the --lang and --langs options were to be mashed together, we'd
really need an error message for the actions that can only be performed
on one language at a time that says something like "You can only package
one language at a time."

Then of course people might wonder why we have an option called "langs"
that only allows you to perform an action on a single language.

Maybe we should just leave it as it is.

Cheers
Rudi