[publican-list] Turning off validation (sssshhhhh!!!!!!)

Darrin Mison dmison at redhat.com
Wed Mar 17 23:36:14 UTC 2010

On 18/03/2010, at 4:19 AM, Jonathan Robie wrote:

> I'm working on a large documentation set that currently has plenty of dangling links (it was produced by automatic conversion from a Wiki).
>
> I would like to be able to turn off validation, but still build a document. I can do this with a vanilla DocBook tool chain, but I'd like to use Publican instead for a variety of reasons. Once we get the entire project to validate, I'd turn it on and keep it on.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Jonathan

+1 for this for <xref> too

When trying to isolate issues I often comment out everything from the book expect the chapter/section where I think the problem lies.  When the content in question has lots of <xref>s to the rest of the book this quickly turns into a  nightmare.

--
Darrin Mison - Engineering Content Services