[publican-list] RFC: Supporting RevisionFlag attribute

Ruediger Landmann r.landmann at redhat.com
Fri May 14 00:21:59 UTC 2010

On 05/13/2010 05:37 PM, Darrin Mison wrote:
> The change-bars will probably be better those people who print the drafts out.  Unfortunately those people exist :-(

The change bars are certainly more "presentable", but I think that's a
downside here -- the more presentable these features appear, the more
likely it is that someone might be tempted to circulate a document like
that. I think uglification is actually a virtue here, so long as it
doesn't interfere with readability.

I think that the coloured backgrounds are still perfectly readable, and
identify the text in question more strongly than the bars do.

I also like Jeff's suggestion about an icon (or perhaps text) in the
margin -- this will not only help people with screen readers, but
possibly also people with other visual impairments such as red/green
colourblindness.[0]

Cheers
Rudi

[0] Wikipedia says this affects 7%–10% of males to some degree:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Color_blindness#Prevalence