[publican-list] RFE for Publican Brands

Lana Brindley lbrindle at redhat.com
Thu Sep 30 22:13:24 UTC 2010

On 10/01/2010 08:03 AM, Andrew Ross wrote:

> ----- "Ruediger Landmann"<r.landmann at redhat.com>  wrote:
>
>> On 09/30/2010 03:16 PM, Misty Stanley-Jones wrote:
>>> 5. Programlistings inside of notes, warnings, or infos look
>> terrible.
>>> Screenshot attached.
>>

> <devils_advocate>
> Do we want to have programlistings inside note/warning tags? Perhaps the horrid colour scheme was devised by mother nature as a natural defence mechanism...
> </devils_advocate>

I'll rise to the bait. Sometimes you need to. I've come across it
several times where you have an admonition something like this:

<warning>
wide-spread death and destruction. To prevent the mutiliation of friends
and loved ones, add the following line to the configuration:
</para>
<programlisting>
TortureFriends = 0
</programlisting>
</warning>

The point being, that sometimes the admonition is directly relevant to a
program listing (or <screen>) that just wouldn't fit in the main body of
text. I agree that it's not ideal, but there are definitely situations
where you can't write around it. In those cases, it would be nice if the
brand wasn't working against us.

</$0.02>

Lana Brindley
Content Author II
Engineering Content Services
+61 7 3514 8178 - ext (85) 88178
RHEL5 RHCT: 605008757717273

"All parts should go together without forcing. You must remember that
the parts you are reassembling were disassembled by you. Therefore, if
you can't get them together again, there must be a reason. By all
means, do not use hammer." -- IBM maintenance manual, 1975