[publican-list] Is it possible to work offline with Publican?

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Fri Jun 10 05:33:15 UTC 2011

Morning Jeff,

> Hi Norman, how did you install Publican on Windows? If you used the
> installer, it should have offered to do a local install of the Docbook
> DTD and XSL, if you select those options then you will be able to work
> offline.
I used the 2.3 installer which is the latest I could find, and selected
to install everything. All the tools and all the brands.

> If you installed by another method, or didn't select them in the
> installer, then you need to get local copies of the DTD and XSL and edit
> the registry to let publican know where to find them.
>
>  From the NSIS installation config:
>
> WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\Publican" "" $INSTDIR
> WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\Publican" "dtd_path" "$INSTDIR\DocBook_DTD"
> WriteRegStr HKLM "Software\Publican" "xsl_path"
> "$INSTDIR\docbook-xsl-1.75.2"

Yes, those registry settings exist, but for some reason, it wants an
internet connection to use the footnotes.xsl file, which does exist
locally - and in the right place.

As I mentioned to Joshua, I now have everything working fine in Fedora
14 running in a VirtualBox vm, so I'm happy that I can do on and offline
work.

However, I have another install of fop and docbook on that XP setup and
that works fine without any need for the internet. Strange.

Cheers,
Norm.

--
Norman Dunbar