[publican-list] Indexterm causes line throw in generated pdf.

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Tue Jun 14 12:46:10 UTC 2011

Good morning,

I'm getting used to publican and I have to thank and congratulate
everyone involved, it's brilliant!

I've discovered a foible in a paragraph as follows:

<para>Blah blah blah
blah...</para>

When I generate pdf, there is always a line feed after publican, so the
above would render as:

Blah blah blah publican
blah blah blah...

When rendered as HTML, all is fine.

I would try and search the list archives, but there doesn't appear to be
an option to do so. Sorry.

I've had a look at the 'fo' temporary file and found the following (My
formatting):

<fo:block ...>
	Blah blah blah publican
	<fo:block ...>
		<fo:wrapper id="id3189566">
			<!--Publican-->
		</fo:wrapper>
	</fo:block>
	blah blah blah...
</fo:block>

So I can see why I'm getting a line feed - because of the fo:block
around the fo:wrapper.

Looking into index.xsl, there seems to be a test (beginning at line 292)
for fop1.extensions being non-zero and if so, make a call to a template
called 'inline.or.block' (begins at line 469) but it's at that point my
brain loses the thread!

It *appears* to me that if my <indexterm> is within a <para>, then I
should get an in-line and not a block. But I'm not an xsl guru, so I
could be wrong.

Cheers,
Norm.

--