[publican-list] How can certain warnings be turned off?

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Thu Aug 30 15:57:02 UTC 2012

Evening Mark,

 > I'm no DocBook expert, but I don't see anywhere that says link is not
> a valid tag.

It is a valid DocBook tag, it's just "frowned upon" by Publican mainly
because it's possibly going to affect translations of documents.

> I want to turn the warning off.  Processing spits out so many of these
> warnings that legitimate warnings are masked.  How do I go about doing
> that?

I'm not sure it can be, someone else may correct me though.

However, when you say that you want to supply text at the end of your
links, what do you mean?

I have a document with lots of cross references, for example. I do this
in the with an <XREF> tag with the link-end holding the ID of a section
or paragraph etc:

<para> Blah blah blah. For more details, see <xref
linkend="more-details" /> blah blah blah. </para>

<section id="more-details">
<title>More Details</title>

When this is built with Publican, what is generated in the PDF would be:

Blah blah blah. For more details, see Section 2.3.4 More Details blah
blah blah.

Where "Section 2.3.4 More Details" is text generated by Publican from
the section number and its title.

Not sure if this helps or not.

Cheers,
Norm.