[publican-list] Publican 4.0 released!!! Get it now!!!!

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu Dec 19 01:22:37 UTC 2013

On 12/19/2013 06:11 AM, Norman Dunbar wrote:
> On 18/12/13 05:28, Zac Dover wrote:
>> We are happy to announce the release of Publican 4.0!
>
> Sadly, I think I've broken it already. I built from source and then did a test create of a book:
>
> $ publican create --type=book --name=Hello --lang=en-US
> FATAL ERROR: en-US/Book_Info.xml:
> No such file or directory at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser/Expat.pm line 470.
>  at line 123, column 0, byte 4432
> Handler couldn't resolve external entity at line 123, column 0, byte 4432
> error in processing external entity reference at line 123, column 0, byte 4432
> error in processing external entity reference at line 3, column 1, byte 163 at /usr/lib/perl5/XML/Parser.pm line 187.
>  at /usr/local/bin/publican line 528.
>

> :-(
>
> This upsets me quite a lot. I love Publican, and I've been using 3.2.1 for a while now, built from source, on my Linux Mint 15 set up. Something broke Publican in a recent Mint update, so I was overjoyed to read that Publican 4 was out now.

Looks like this http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=728885

Upgrading XML::TReeBuilder to 5.2 should fix that.

Missed upping that dep because it doesn't affect fedora users and that's what the people who are within dummy spitting range use ;)

> Ah well, I'll have a better play with it after Christmas, I have cider to drink! (Hi Jeff!)

I too hope to imbibe a socially acceptable amount of cider ;)

> Merry Christmas or whatever festival you follow in your culture to all "publicans" out there. Thanks for everything.
>
> And all the best for 2014.

Happy Festivus!

Cheers, Jeff.

--