[publican-list] Branding not applied when using --embedtoc with Publican 3.1.5

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Thu May 16 22:55:17 UTC 2013

On 05/17/2013 07:53 AM, James Pooton wrote:
> Hello again...
>
> Odd one here.  For some reason adding --embedtoc to a Publican build
> command seems to remove all brand styling from the output.  For example:
>
> $ publican create --name Test_Book
> $ cd Test_Book
> $ publican build --publish --formats=html --langs=en-US --embedtoc
>
> Results in HTML output that is unstyled.  ("common" brand css and images
> missing)
> Then...
>
> $ publican clean
> $ publican build --publish --formats=html --langs=en-US
>
> Results in HTML output that is properly styled with "common" css and images.
>
> I'm assuming this isn't normal behavior, as --embedtoc appears to be
> required for building out a Publican Web site, but results in a broken
> layout due to 404s.  Any thoughts?

--embedtoc basically means "build this to use in a publican web site". The website contains the missing content. It's done this way so that you can change the style on a web site without having to rebuild every book or replace a mass of files.

http://jfearn.fedorapeople.org/en-US/Publican/3.0/html/Users_Guide/sect-Users_Guide-Website.html

hmm looks like someone hasn't updated the PUG on my site to 3.1 ... not sure I can blame Rudi for this one :}

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn <jfearn at redhat.com>
Senior Software Engineer