[publican-list] Publican 4 - brands problems

Norman Dunbar Norman at dunbar-it.co.uk
Tue Feb 4 20:47:05 UTC 2014

Hi Rudi,

 > Thanks for the detailed description of what went wrong -- I was able
> reproduce this problem exactly. The fix was to set a parameter (probably
> any parameter) in overrides.cfg (I set web_style: 2)
Thanks. I try to be helpful, I work in IT support myself in my day job.
I know hos frustrating it can be sometimes!

The work around works for me too! Thanks.

> So, Publican is finding the file fine, but if it's empty, it's
> misreporting it as "not found". Can you please open a bug?
No problem, Bug 1061434 has been raised.

> html-desktop builds work fine for me with both the common brand and a
> custom brand I have here (the forthcoming Fedora docs brand).
>
> We use the same XSL to generate the html-single and the html-desktop
> files, which is why you see it being referenced there
Ok, my test book, as above, has built quite happily and is showing the
expected format with the contents "page" to the left and the main
document to the right. I'm happy with that.

Previously, I was seeing the same layout in the generated documents for
html-single as well as html-desktop.

I need to find time to rebuild one of my larger documents to see if it
is still happening.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Norm.