[publican-list] publican build break on openSUSE

Jeff Fearn jfearn at redhat.com
Mon Apr 3 06:48:21 UTC 2017

On 03/04/17 16:15, Sascha Manns wrote:
> Hello list,
>
> as mentioned i'm working on publican on openSUSE.
>
> The known dependencies are available now and i'm working on publican itself.
>
> The current buildlog looks like:
> https://build.opensuse.org/build/Documentation:Publican/openSUSE_Tumbleweed/x86_64/publican/_log
>
> It uses in Line 5 of User Guide :
> <!ENTITY % DOCBOOK_ENTS PUBLIC "-//OASIS//ENTITIES DocBook Character
> Entities V4.5//EN" "http://www.oasis-open.org/docbook/xml/4.5/dbcentx.m
> od">;
> The mentioned line 6 has %DOCBOOK_ENTS; so it tries to use it.
>
> I have added "docbook_4" as BuildRequires. And it contains the above
> mentioned: /usr/share/sgml/docbook/dtd/4.5/dbcentx.mod
>
> As far as i understand, it should map from the oasis url to the local
> one. Or have i misunderstood that?
>
> The in the build log mentioned per-XML-Parser is already defined as BR.
>
> The Specfile: https://build.opensuse.org/package/view_file/Documentatio
> n:Publican/publican/publican.spec?expand=1
>
> I asked on the openSUSE packaging Mailinglist and there comes up the
> idea, that publican tries to download the reference from the internet.
> But that feature isn't enabled on the Build Service.

It only calls out to the network if you specifically set allow_network.

> Maybe anyone can guess, how to get it working?

I'd try dropping all the XML_CATALOG_FILES manipulation, it's in there to handle fedora idiosyncrasies
and might be doing you more harm that good, IIRC none of that is required for the Debian build.

Cheers, Jeff.

--
Jeff Fearn
Senior Software Engineer