[Pulp-dev] PyPI names for Pulp3

Bihan Zhang bizhang at redhat.com
Tue Apr 11 13:13:34 UTC 2017

What about pulp3 as a potential namespace? With this naming we can
communicate that this PyPI package is Pulp3 (not Pulp2), and that it is
Python3 compatible.

There's plenty of PyPI packages that utilizes the package3 naming strategy
to show python3 compatibility.
And since PuLP (the other pulp) is already py3 compatible I don't see them
wanting the pulp3 namespace.

If we use this prefix, length won't be a problem:
  pip3 install pulp3
  pip3 install pulp3_rpm_extensions
  pip3 install pulp3_streamer