[Pulp-dev] Merging forward master -> 3.0-dev

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Thu Aug 3 22:10:25 UTC 2017

If we're not doing another merge forward, I think we should do the cleanup
soon.

The value of keeping that code around (to me) was this: you want to know
when a Pulp2 code change occurred and that code had already been ported to
Pulp3. That way you would know the Pulp2 changes had to also be ported to
Pulp3. The problem is: that value would only be known at "merge forward
time" via a merge conflicts. So if we're not merging forward again (for
core), then we can't realize that benefit again like we were. This is why I
think we're ready for cleanup soon.

Here is a cleanup task [0], in case others want to look/edit/comment on it.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/2955

-Brian