[Pulp-dev] MVP Versioned Repos User Stories

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Tue Dec 5 15:10:15 UTC 2017

We have an MVP call on Thursday to discuss the user stories for versioned
repositories and I’ve created a rough set of user stories to start with. I
wanted to send them out ahead of time to give people a chance to think them
over.

Current user stories:
http://pad-theforeman.rhcloud.com/p/Pulp3-Versioned-Repo-Stories

@mhrivnak's PR: https://github.com/pulp/pulp/pull/3228

GENERAL

As an authenticated user, I can create a new repository version by
triggering a sync.

As an authenticated user, I can filter repository versions by:
- repository (equality)
- version number (equality, lt/lte, gt/gte)

As an authenticated user, I can discover a URL to the latest version of a
repository.

As an authenticated user, I can delete a repository version by specifying
the version number (except for the latest version).

CONTENT

As a user, I can reference immutable content sets.

As an authenticated user, I can list the content for a particular
repository version.
- All fields are included
- Pagination is supported
- Filtering support

As an autheticated user, I can create a new version by adding or removing
content to a particular base version (default is latest).
- It might be worth only handling changes to the latest repo version to the
MVP.

PUBLISHING

As an authenticated user, I can publish a paricular repository version
(default is latest).

As an authenticated user, I can view which repository version was used to
create a particular publication.

As an authenticated user, I cannot delete a repo version unless I first
delete any derrived publications.

David