[Pulp-dev] MVP Versioned Repos User Stories

David Davis daviddavis at redhat.com
Thu Dec 7 18:09:46 UTC 2017

Thanks everyone for the productive discussion during our MVP call. I went
ahead and updated the MVP document. Here’s the Versioned Repo section:

https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_
Viable_Product#Versioned-Repositories

And here’s the set of changes I made elsewhere in the MVP to update the
terminology, etc around stuff using versioned repos:

https://pulp.plan.io/projects/pulp/wiki/Pulp_3_Minimum_
Viable_Product/diff?utf8=%E2%9C%93&version=130&version_from=129&commit=View+
differences

A few notes:

- I left the story around repos having publishers and importers intact. Not
sure we reached a final decision on that.
- I didn’t update or add plugin writer user stories since we didn’t cover
it today.
- Didn’t touch copy content stories. I think we could maybe remove most of
them though since we can arbitrarily add/remove content when creating new
repo versions.

I also need to follow up with discussions either via bluejeans or mailing
list on:

- A plan on how to handle deleting in Pulp 3. This came up in our call
regarding how to handle deleting repos with versions, publications, etc
- How tasking should be handled with repo versions. Probably want to lock
on repo version instead of the repository.

David