[Pulp-dev] Task Locking Changes with Versioned Repos

Brian Bouterse bbouters at redhat.com
Tue Dec 12 22:58:02 UTC 2017

During the versioned repos MVP call, we identified that task locking for
all of Pulp needs to be rethought with the introduction of versioned repos.
I have a proposal that I wrote into redmine [0] on how to update the locks
we use for versioned repos.

All feedback is welcome. I'm especially interested in hearing if there are
any situations where the proposed locking rules will result in incorrect
behavior. I'm hoping to get the story groomed soon so it can be worked on
as soon as its unblocked by versioned repos being merged.

[0]: https://pulp.plan.io/issues/3186

-Brian