[Pulp-dev] 2.12.0 blocked(ish)

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Wed Feb 1 10:09:56 UTC 2017

I like option 2, for all the reasons you said, and one more.

In trying to investigate the failure (if there are details about how it
fails, I don't know where to see them), I noticed that the documentation
for pulp_python is woefully inadequate. There are basic things missing,
like information about how to construct a correct feed URL. The only docs
with any substantial information are the "Getting Started" docs, which only
show examples.

I think there's at least a decent chance that the test is failing because
QE had to make guesses about how to construct a feed URL, and happened to
guess wrong. Looking at the docs in their current state, I would not want
to be responsible for writing tests for this plugin. QE: please feel
empowered to complain about missing docs. I feel bad that you were working
from so little information.

It would be much better to release pulp_python 2.0 with at least basic
documentation for its features. Let's take some time and get that right,
while not blocking Pulp 2.12.

Michael