[Pulp-dev] Type hinting in Pulp 3

Daniel Alley dalley at redhat.com
Mon Jun 19 19:20:08 UTC 2017

For what it's worth, Pycharm does support PEP 484 type hinting.

https://www.jetbrains.com/help/pycharm/type-hinting-in-pycharm.html
https://blog.jetbrains.com/pycharm/2015/11/python-3-5-type-hinting-in-pycharm-5/

There are also projects like MyPy which behave like static analyzers.

It is theoretically possible to continue supporting Python 3.3-3.4 if we
were to put all of the type annotations into .pyi stub files, but I
personally dislike that idea strongly because it would result in a lot of
duplication.