[Pulp-dev] proposing changes to pulp 3 upload API

Dennis Kliban dkliban at redhat.com
Fri Jun 30 18:20:34 UTC 2017

On Fri, Jun 30, 2017 at 12:00 PM, Jeff Ortel <jortel at redhat.com> wrote:

> Ah, I missed adding the relative path to the join table.  This is a fine
> idea as well.
>
> On 06/30/2017 10:15 AM, Michael Hrivnak wrote:
> >
> > Jeff, earlier in the thread we talked about using the through table to
> hold the path. I think that's the right
> > place, because the path would be a property of the relationship between
> an artifact and a content unit. It
> > also occurred to me that the file name could be different for different
> content, so maybe the path would need
> > to include the filename. That seems a bit weird, but I think it has to
> be the case if we use a many-to-many
> > relationship.

I imagined that the relative path would be included the name of the
Artifact as it should appear in the Content. So for an artifact that is
nested inside a directory, the relative path might be 'image/foo'. For a
unit that is a single Artifact, the relative path may be 'foo'. The
combination of Content Id, Artifact Id, and relative path would the
uniqueness constraint for the through table.