[Pulp-dev] Deferred downloading (Lazy) catalog management in pulp3

Michael Hrivnak mhrivnak at redhat.com
Tue Mar 14 18:12:03 UTC 2017

This sounds great to me.

The one downside you cite is still an upside in my mind. There's been
interest for some time in having the ability to do things such as:
- delete files on disk and convert to on-demand
- scan files on disk for corrupt ones and re-download them if found

Both of those cases would be well-supported by creating catalog entries for
every file regardless of a repo's current download policy.

As you brought up, we will need to think about how large that table will
become, but that seems like it should be manageable. I think the table
would be on the same order of size (in terms of row count) as the
association table, with the added dimension that multi-file units would
have an entry for each file.

Michael